The horrors persist, but so do I. Bringing news, politics, and culture from the digital frontlines to the backwaters of cyberspace to the IRL dumpster fires of our metamodern lives. All views expressed are my own.
As your local advocate and community organizer, I'm here to bring you the only comprehensive guide for San Leandro voters, election after election . I'm here to help you decide what to vote for (or against) along with reasons and receipts. This will be a long post, so buckle up! I'm starting with the local San Leandro measure, then the county races, then the local judgeships, then our federal district, then the state offices. If you're strapped for time, you can find the TL;DR version just below and then check out the details further down at your leisure. NB: this does not include any candidates that are uncontested and so won't be on your ballots, but feel free to reach out if you'd like information about them too. *** City of San Leandro Measure F: Yes County of Alameda District 3 Supervisor: Write-In Member, Board of Education, 4th Trustee Area: Aisha Knowles County Superintendent of Schools: Alysse Castro District Attorney: Pamela Price Judicial Offices Sup...
(Costanoan by Pastel @ Highway 880 Marina West Exit ) I remember the exact day that the Left in San Leandro died. It was actually a Monday evening downtown at City Hall. There was a city council meeting that night and it was packed. A group of fellow local activists, and even more from outside the community, had organized a protest against the then-recent war in Gaza between Israel and Hamas. The protest erupted into civil disobedience that shut down the city council meeting, before ultimately descending into bigotry and violence. I know because I was there. This post has been a long time coming. Some have repeatedly asked me to share what happened. Just as many would like to pretend nothing happened that night. A few have even threatened me against ever writing about it. But I'd bet that there are also a lot of people who have absolutely no idea what happened. This isn't about spreading salacious stories for social media clout. It's about holding ourselves accountable as...
(Photo credit: Darin Moriki/Bay Area News Group) Failed former San Leandro City Councilman Ed Hernandez was recently reprimanded by departed City Manager, Fran Robustelli, for allegedly violating campaign finance rules. While this isn't the first time Hernadez has reportedly engaged in questionable behavior, it certainly is ironic coming from a guy who's spent years complaining about mismanagement at city hall. Here's the scoop from The San Leandro Advocate, courtesy of a confidential source: *** "Dear Mr. Hernandez: I write to inform you that the City received several complaints from residents who attended the Cherry Festival parade that you and volunteers related to your campaign for a City Council seat were engaged in campaign activities during the Cherry Festival parade. As I trust you are aware as a public official, under California law it is illegal to use public funds for any campaigns, whether to support or oppose ballot measures or candidates for office. T...
Comments
Post a Comment